Share Andrew McDonald’s brilliant book, Real Pigeons Fight Crime, with your LKS2 class – then use the lessons in this resource pack to investigate some of the book’s main themes and get pupils to set up their own crime-fighting squad!
By taking part in the creative cross-curricular activities in this pack, children will…
- Deepen their experience of an illustrated text by interrogating words and pictures to extend their understanding, infer meanings and summarise what they’ve learned
- Explore the mystery story genre through discussion, drama and creative writing
- Acquire and use new vocabulary in a creative context
- Develop observation, teamwork and memory skills
- Reflect on their individual skills and abilities, and what they bring to a team
- Receive a certificate as a qualified squad-member
About Real Pigeons Fight Crime
Did you know your city is protected by a secret squad of crime-fighting pigeons?
It’s true! With master of disguise Rock Pigeon, bendy Tumbler, strong Frillback and super-finder Homey, the REAL PIGEONS will solve any mystery and fight any bad guy to keep the city safe!